JythonMusic supports music transcription and playback, audio looping, computer-aided music composition, development of computer-based musical instruments (including hybrid instruments), and live performance.
Here is a “Hello World!” program to get you started. It plays a single note.
# playNote.py # Demonstrates how to play a single note. from music import * # import music library note = Note(C4, HN) # create a middle C half note Play.midi(note) # and play it!
To run it, download the JEM editor.
Additional code examples are organized by chapter:
- Ch. 1 – Introduction and History
- Ch. 2 – Elements of Music and Code
- Ch. 3 – Organization and Data
- Ch. 4 – Transformation and Process
- Ch. 5 – Iteration and Lists
- Ch. 6 – Randomness and Choices
- Ch. 7 – Sonification and Big Data
- Ch. 8 – Interactive Musical Instruments
- Ch. 9 – Making Connections
- Ch. 10 – Music, Number, and Nature
- Ch. 11 – Exploring Powerful Ideas